Friday, May 22, 2015

The Funnies

On September 29, 2013 I wrote on Facebook: "Today [AH] and I met and fell in love with three adorable little tornadoes! Our lives are forever changed. The adventure begins....!!!!" Ha! Little did we know! The nickname "The Three Tornadoes" stuck, and from the word go we were running to keep up! On our second visit with them I fractured a bone in my foot while chasing the three year old in the park (and re-fractured it twice in the months following). There were numerous meltdowns and it felt like we would need a small army to keep it together! But we forged ahead and the rewards have far exceeded the stress.

There have been so many cute, sweet, funny, loving moments that all of the work is far exceeded by the rewards we get in return. From the very beginning the boys have come up with stuff that made us want to laugh, sometimes even as we tried to discipline them. During a pillow fight one Saturday morning, Brandon started wailing and Andrew says "I hit him too hard because I'm too strong because I eat all my vegetables." Uh huh. Another day I was heating up some chicken nuggets for Brandon and he says he wants french fries. I told him we didn't have any and he ran to the 20 pound bag of potatoes and said "here they are!" The downside of AH's fresh cooking!

Morning music videos became a big hit early on (and motivation to have them ready for school on time) and the first one to catch their fancy was "What Does the Fox Say?"What Does the Fox Say? We were "Ding ding ding da ding ding dinging" for months, and the boys were just adorable dancing and singing together! Then came Boogie Shoes after I misunderstood Andrew to say "Boogie Shoes" when we were talking about shoes and later had to prove to him that there was such a song. Singing in the car is another experience, with Brandon grunting "Ooooo" very loudly at the appropriate moments while Bruno Mars' "Locked Out of Heaven" is playing, or me belting out "O Sole Mio" (albeit not as beautifully as Il Volo) instead of turning on the radio when the boys ask for "songs," causing a chorus of "no, not THAT song" from the back seat. Fine! LOL

There is so much more ahead of us and I sometimes can't believe that these three little creatures are ours! I'll be sharing more adventures in future blogs, and may even copy & paste my past kid-related facebook posts onto another page just to have it for posterity. The funnies continue to keep us entertained almost daily as more of their personalities have emerged, and every day it feels like I couldn't love them more.


No comments:

Post a Comment